A month ago, I was invited to be a guest on The Tangent Talk Podcast to speak about the power of rest and restoration for black folks.
I absolutely LOVED this interview!
In it, we discussed:
* the different social narratives we get from our parents and black cultures that keep us in toxic loops of overexertion and stress
* the socail conditioning black men receive that keeps us from living relaxed and happy lives
* what a photo of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr on vacation taught me about the role of leisure in black liberation
* why there is no black wellness without rest
* why rest is a portal to manifestation
Plus a lot more.
There’s alot of “aha’s” in this one, and I’d LOVE to hear what you got out of it for yourself.
After you listen, please leave me a comment below and tell me one thing you got from this conversation for your own life.
YOU CAN LISTEN TO EPISODE HERE: https://anchor.fm/the-tangent…/episodes/Lets-Rest-e1a925d