“I CAN CREATE A NEW REALITY. I AM GOING TO DETERMINE FOR MYSELF WHAT BLACKNESS MEANS FOR ME…”
I recently sat down with Monique Ruffin to launch my new video series entitled, “The Black Well-being Project,” where I speak with inspirational black thought leaders around the world on what it looks like, and what it takes, to be well AND live well as a soul in a black body.
Monique Ruffin is a life coach, astrologer, and host of the “Rise with Monique Ruffin” radio show on 12radio.com. She is a native of Los Angeles\, and attended Howard University in Washington D.C., where she received her B.A. in Political Science and History. Monique also studied under the guidance of Rev. Dr. Michael Beckwith at the Agape Institute, where she received her license in Spiritual and Metaphysical Studies. She received her Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica under the direction of Ron and Mary Hulnick.
Monique Ruffin is also a writer and blogger, regularly contributing to The Huffington Post, The Fine Line, and Mom.me.
During this conversation, we talk about:
- How being black offers you an opportunity to grow spiritually
- Why our soul chooses to be black
- The traumatizing effects of racism on the black psyche
- How to tell yourself a new story of what it means to “be black.”
- Monique’s personal rituals, and how they help her experience a sense of well-being as a black woman in America